Magicsoft PlayOut v6 SD
- MagicSoft Recorder is an ingest application designed for the broadcast and post production markets.It works under Windows 7 / 8 and 10 (only for 64 bit OS).
Magicsoft Playout is a solution built upon a client-server architecture that provides stability and usability advantages. It allows for optimum CPU balancing using today’s multi-core systems; the server controls the video output while the client manages the playlist. The media files are verified by the client application before being accepted for playout. More than one client can run and you can dynamically jump from one playlist to another.
MagicSoft Playout characteristics :
- suitable for 24/7 operation mode or news/commercial insertion
- frame accurate playing of mov, avi ,dv, mp4 and mpeg2
- SD, HDV & full HD mixed playlist with auto scaling for SD materials
- possibility to play between marked IN and OUT points
- video + key playout for clips with alpha channel
- metadata support for linking with the MagicSoft CG using TCP/IP
- station logo as fullscreen .tga 32 bit uncompressed
- possibility to display UNICODE subtitles
The software runs on Windows OS and can use SD, HDV and full HD material in the same playlist. It works with Blackmagic’s DeckLink or Intensity cards.
Output can be either analog or digital depending on the video card used.
MagicSoft playout solution has a Client-server architecture and that brings advantages for stability and usability.
- the server (which controls the Decklink card) and clients (which manage the playlist) allows a better CPU balancing for today’s multicore CPU
- clips are verified in the client application before being accepted for playout
- you can have more than one client started and you can dynamically jump from one playlist to another
The playout program has a very powerful way to link to the MagicSoft CG acting as a TCP client to send the metadata associated to each clip to CG.
The TCP/IP protocol allows you to control the text or image displayed by a project and can also trigger the projects.
Supported types of video files for a SD setup:
- DV in .avi container (fourCC dvsd and dsvd)
- Mpeg2 (4:2:0 or 4:2:2 ) with extension mpg, m2p, mp2, vob, m2t, ts
- QuickTime (can also have alpha channel) with extension .mov
- Windows Media Video with extension .wmv
- Mpeg4 (AVC) with extension .mts
- For PAL the clips must have 576 lines (a clip with a size like 704×576 or 512×576 will be accepted in playlist and resized to 720×576)
- For NTSC the materials must have 480 or 486 lines (and will be resized to become 720×480 or 720×486 if is necessary)
Supported types of video files for a HD setup:
- all supported SD materials (up-scaling is done automatically)
- HDV (1440 x 1080i .m2t or mpeg2)
- mpeg2 (4:2:0 or 4:2:2 ) with extension mpg, m2p, mp2, vob, m2t, ts
- windows Media Video with extension .wmv
- mpeg4 (HD-AVC) with extension .mts
Supported types of audio :
- DV avi must have the sound uncompressed
- mpeg2 materials must have the sound as mp2 or PCM
- materials without sound are accepted for playout
- supported sampling rates are : 8000 , 11025 ,16000 , 22050 , 24000 , 32000 , 44100 and 48000 Hz
- both 8bit and 16bit and mono and stereo materials can be played
Supported editing software :
- Adobe Premiere (beginning with version 6.0)
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Canopus Edius (for DV use only Microsoft codec)
- Sony Vegas
- Pinnacle Liquid
Supported encoders :
- Canopus Procoder
- Other encoders may work
Third party codecs are continually updated by the third party developers. Magicsoft strives to test as many third party codecs as possible but Magicsoft cannot vouch for the reliability of third party codecs or their updates used with Magicsoft software nor does Magicsoft recommend installing multiple third party codecs that are designed for the same format as these may conflict with one another and have unexpected results.